The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon May 08, 2017 9:22 am

Maachan is a pretty smart cookie, too. If you don't think she's playing up the "I'm so mischievous tee hee" angle for the camera, you're sadly mistaken. She knows what her audience likes. That isn't to say she ISN'T like that, but we all know idol personalities can be somewhat exaggerated by the more entrepreneurial idol types (YO SAYU). That isn't to say I don't get it, Sayumi's "Ichiban KAWAIIIIII" shtick wore on me pretty fast and I really only started liking her when she slipped into her "Snake Tongue Sayu" personality. And yeah, I'm comparing Maachan to Sayumi because I honestly think they are A LOT alike when it comes to intelligence. Both can weigh what the audience wants with what they want to do and get the desired results. Maachan is still pretty young, but I think later on we may see her on a lot of variety shows a la Sayumi because of it.

She def. got good training from leader.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 am

See, the mischievous side of her personality is the one I don't like :lol:. But that's because I'm one of the "no fun allowed" types. So those personalities are the kinds that I don't tend to enjoy, but that's just a personal preference.

I have nothing personal against Masaki, please don't get me wrong. As I said, I've tried to like her. I understand that she has her good points, but she's just... not my type. At all. On the most recent H!S I was a little bit bothered by her lack of comments on Haruka's grad, but I took that as her still being upset and not being able to think of much beyond what she said. But compared to what the other members said (especially Iikubo & Ayumi) it really stood out. Even though I know that that's a pathetic "criticism" (it's not really)...

I do appreciate how genuine she is, though. I think that that's a very good thing. I'd much rather have a genuine idol that I dislike than a completely fake idol any day of the week.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby Chibs » Mon May 08, 2017 11:22 am

Maachan has never been one for being wordy, she is very simple that way. I don't know about you guys, but Reina's influence seems more pronounced in her as personality goes.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Starra » Mon May 08, 2017 11:38 am

That's true. And I suppose that some people just don't like saying more than the bare minimum. Which is fine.

I realise that the reasons I dislike her are rather petty. If anything, she's fun to watch perform and I think she's got a good singing voice if given the right song/lines. I don't dislike her a lot, either. She's not even my least favourite in MM。'17, lol.
Starra
Prophet

Postby AyuHikaru » Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 pm

I appreciate her since we haven't had this kind of idol in Momusu since... Kago and Tsuji? I'd say Koharu but she just flat out didn't want to be there so she just did whatever. Kago and Tsuji were also really divisive in their time but they were also super popular so it's not really surprising people really like Maachan OR that people find her super annoying/immature/disrespectful/whathaveyou. She's just that type of way.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Mon May 08, 2017 2:32 pm

Oh, I'm not like... annoyed that people like her or whatever. I get why she's popular. She's just not for me, at the end of the day.

I didn't like Tsuji or Kago either, lol.
Starra
Prophet

Postby aerosuffly » Thu May 11, 2017 10:51 am

There have been a lot of YouTube complaints on every Hello! Station episode since renewal. Knowing UF, they will probably ignore the complaints and stick with the new format. :P
aerosuffly
Minion

Postby Chibs » Thu May 11, 2017 12:03 pm

They can easily fix the problem just by making Maachan permanent host
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby resop2 » Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 pm

^
If she wears a penguin suit ...
resop2
Skeptic

Postby resop2 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 am

Amped wrote:Kobushi to Kobushi's Diary! #03

Taguchi progresses in eating tuna, and Hirose Ayaka tries hard to eat the ginger.

Hama-chan looks like a male staff member with those glasses.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby resop2 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:49 pm

So, one of the KSS will go to Country Girls (replacing Momochi), one will go to Morning Musume (replacing Kudo), and one will go to Kobushi Factory (replacing Fujii)? (strictly my speculation)
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Moh » Sat May 13, 2017 12:04 am

C-ute, Momochi, Duu, and now Rio? Alright that's too many graduations for the year. :|
Moh
Prophet

Postby JonCC » Sat May 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Well, if anything, with all these people leaving, it's starting to become a lot easier to guess where those recently announced 'Trainees-to-debut' will end up.
JonCC

Favorite Idol: Sayashi Riho

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat May 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Part of me doesn't think they'll be adding any of the three to-debut girls to Kobushi. Though that could just be me personally wanting them to stay as seven for a little while, simply because this puts them at an even closer parallel with Berryz (someone dropping out relatively early to focus on school/normal life, leaving them with 7 members). :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Zunu » Sat May 13, 2017 11:28 pm

resop2 wrote:
Amped wrote:Kobushi to Kobushi's Diary! #03

Taguchi progresses in eating tuna, and Hirose Ayaka tries hard to eat the ginger.

Hama-chan looks like a male staff member with those glasses.

Taguchi = the best Gooch. :flowers:
Zunu
Pantaloon

Favorite Idol: @notoarisa

Postby JonCC » Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 am

“The translation may not be accurate.”

Mistakes happen, I get that. But on a professional project like this, those mistakes should not amount to anything more than a minor typo or two. A typo I can chuckle about. But when the translator for H!P makes a serious mistranslation? Now the meaning of the entire song may be completely changed, and the fans are the ones who are stuck with it. There is no correction forthcoming — because they don’t use YouTube’s captions feature — no translator’s note in the description, no explanation, no nothing. Just a blaring mistake that will remain there. Forever.

http://wotaintranslation.com/2017/05/14 ... -accurate/
JonCC

Postby otaku_blue » Sun May 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Random thoughts I have on current Hello Project:
Spoiler: show
- Morning Musume - Seem to be doing fine and have established their own stable niche again. 13th gen is great. With Duu leaving, it might be good to hold another round of auditions or push one girl more.
- Angerme - UF have been pushing and supporting them just fine. They've done everything but find something to properly market them to people who aren't idol fans and makes them stand out from the rest of the different idol groups out there. When you ask people why they like Angerme they say its because of their personality, but when more members leave who make up the personality of the group what's left?
- Juice=Juice - The only stable group in Hello Project right now and I'm looking forward to how they mature with C-ute leaving.
- Country Girls - I'm really excited for a new generation that'll probably be announced at Momo's graduation live.
- Kobushi Factory - They're doing fine but don't seem to be gaining more popularity? I hope the new movie brings in more attention for them.
- Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise was great and I'm really looking forward to their new single with Dance Man.

DVD magazines are great but only fans see them and this doesn't expose them to people that aren't fans. UFP is well aware of the benefits of TV shows but using Hello Project to promote their Upfront talents just seems lazy and cheap. With The Girls Live being their only TV show then having Up front acts dominate the show some episodes just adds to my feelings of resentment towards non-HP groups.

Now that Hello Station's format has changed to make it more formal, organised and "cool" everything seems to be a bit boring. USTREAM was a great way for the girls to connect with fans. It was a big part of Hello Project staying alive and maintaining their relationship with fans. It had great success with S/mileage, Morning Musume and C-ute and looking back. It was simple, fun and cheap. We don't need fancy VTRs and rooms. We just want to see the girls have fun. A big example of this would be Ikuta Erina. She wasn't skilled and was a back row member but USTREAM really gave her an opportunity to talk and make herself stand out and develop her KY character. Also in Japan, there's 2 different types of fans. Fans that go to the lives and the fans that stay at home. Ustream and online shows were great because this worked for both types of fans.

I think a lot of fans are feeling disconnected from HP lately whether it be the Cool Hello rebranding, Tsunku's reduced role in HP, older girls leaving or whatever, so I think more promotion and fan interaction of the all the new girls is important right now. Either through Hello Station, Upcoming, or The Girls Live since those are the only shows we have now.

tl;dr I think UF allowing the girls to do Ustream/Showroom/Youtube Lives would be a great way for fans to feel more connected to all the new girls that have recently joined and would be an easy and cheap means of promoting them. We miss our handheld camera footage!!

Also USTREAM throwback to weekly S/mileage shows and Hatsune Miku Maachan.

edit: I just remembered they tried doing Line Lives but that excludes international fans.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby JonCC » Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 am

I can't vouch for the quality of these subs, but those wanting to enjoy some subtitled H!S, should check out these.
https://www.patreon.com/HelloProjectTranslations
JonCC

Postby Celedam » Mon May 15, 2017 3:27 am

^ But… but… according to a large part of the foreign fandom, Up-Front should subtitle everything for free! And for same-day release, too! If we pay someone else to do it, then Up-Front will think it doesn't need to!

</sarcasm>
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Fri May 19, 2017 1:15 am

A mowota vlog…

https://www.youtube.com/user/ryuseinoz/

---

A harowota talk show styled after Hello! Project Station

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQp1yM7WeNQdVR0vVU7ZDQ/
Celedam
Devoted Devotee