The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: The Pointless H!P Musings/Rants Thread

Postby Rysaria » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Tbh as cute as Haachin is to say, it's uglier to look at than Oharu is because the lovely American reading voice in my head will, without fail, always read it first as 'ha-chin' instead of 'ha-cheen'. But the girl likes Haachin so I don't expect I'll ever have anything cuter (like Honey) to call her and I can't say I mind. If I do type Oharu a lot it's just because my fingers like typing it more.
...is a little later on...
Rysaria
Senior Initiate

Postby AyuHikaru » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:09 am

I liked the very brief Western fandom nickname of H2O. I thought that was so clever (Haruna2 Ogata AND the fact she was an ice skater haha.) Imagine if that got back to her, she could have marketed herself as "Refreshing like water"
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby otaku_blue » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 pm

even if a PV is basic with just a white backdrop, having the subtitles there makes it just that little bit more professional to me.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby resop2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 pm

Sayumi has said that her new show is going to be different from singing and dancing. That suggests the question: What will it be?

My guesses:

* Selling Amway.
* Manzai Comedy with Kamei Eri as her boke.
* Manzai Comedy with Tanaka Reina as her tsukkomi.
* Lecture on theoretic astrophysics and literature deconstruction.

Anyone else have any guesses?
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Performance poetry.

Part of me thinks she'll end up singing at least a little bit despite earlier statements. :lol:
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Chibs » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 pm

well she was doing voice training, but I so want some sayueri.
ImageImage
Chibs

Favorite Idol: Eri Kamei

Postby Celedam » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:38 am

A quick refresher on the term "Shadow H!P".

Coining the term…

viewtopic.php?p=159048#p159048

Explaining the term…

viewtopic.php?p=168442#p168442
viewtopic.php?p=168462#p168462
viewtopic.php?p=168465#p168465

The members, in my opinion…

Team Makenki ("Team Losers", i.e., former H!P Eggs who did not join H!P proper):
- Ciao Bella Cinquetti (formerly THE Possible)
- Yuu Kikkawa
- Up Up Girls (仮)
LoVendoЯ
Bitter & Sweet
PINK CRES.

I got the urge to post this after watching the Team Makenki segments on Upcoming and realizing that I myself wasn't clear on the distinction between Team Makenki and Shadow H!P.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:28 am

Oh man, I was just reading from HO that Airi's Ray modelling hasn't ben going too well. :(
They just "graduated" her from her usual corner in the magazine and the sales have dropped a bit.

I feel so bad for her. I hope they don't pressure her into changing her teeth.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Denki » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:49 am

Magazines are a dying industry. Anyone that is specifically blaming Airi are trolls.
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki
Devotee

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby AyuHikaru » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:48 pm

I'd love to see UF try to reunite as many "eras" as possible for the 20th Anniversary man. Just get every girl who wants to participate do a maxi single or even an album. Split the units into Eras (The "Originals", "Golden Era", "Silver Era" <Not an official term, but what some people call the time between Golden and Plat>, "Platinum Era", "Colorful Era") and do some songs switches (The Originals do One Two Three or something) or even some original songs - if it's a album it could then through different shuffles around. It doesn't have to be everyone, just everyone who wants to be a part of it. And girls who were in multiple eras (Hi Sayu and Reina) could be in multiple units.

That would be so epic.
AyuHikaru
Devotee

Favorite Idol: Harunan, Murotan

Postby Starra » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:28 pm

I want some kind of reunion concert, with as many OGs as they can get -- even ones that aren't under UF anymore (Ishiguro, Fukuda, Ichii, Gotou, Kago, Konno, Ogawa? (I think she's not signed to any agency), Kamei, Kusumi (freelance), Junjun, Linlin, Suzuki) since most of them seem to have left on good enough terms to at least do a temporary thing (Junjun and Linlin might be harder to get to participate because of visas etc though).

Actually... *Runs off to fantasy performances thread*
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・上國料萌衣・清野桃々姫・山﨑愛生・鞘師里保・須藤茉麻♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby otaku_blue » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:30 pm

Man The Girls Live frustrates me.

Pink Cres already? We literally had to wait until Tsubaki Factory's major debut before they had a proper performance that wasn't Satoyama related. Besides, when is Pink Cres going to actually release their music they've been promoting since August last year anyway?

I hate how they use the show to boost Shadow HP. I mean they need it, but I just want more of HP from the show too. 3 artists a week, where 2 are just Shadow HP groups is such a bummer. The new format kinda sucks as well. At least last time we got to see different outfits to performances but the content now is just barely enjoyable.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:26 pm

otaku_blue wrote:Pink Cres already? We literally had to wait until Tsubaki Factory's major debut before they had a proper performance that wasn't Satoyama related. Besides, when is Pink Cres going to actually release their music they've been promoting since August last year anyway?
I can't tell from your phrasing, but you know this isn't the first time PINK CRES has been on the show, right? Anyway, I'm somewhat expecting a release announcement at the final Buono! concert. That would get them the most exposure.

otaku_blue wrote:I hate how they use the show to boost Shadow HP. I mean they need it, but I just want more of HP from the show too. 3 artists a week, where 2 are just Shadow HP groups is such a bummer. The new format kinda sucks as well. At least last time we got to see different outfits to performances but the content now is just barely enjoyable.
I wouldn't mind them dialing it back on the Up Front acts a little bit (or at least balance it out more), but I generally like the new format way more than I did the one directly before it. My favorite was when it first started and the girls were essentially allowed to pick out whatever they wanted them to wear, but as it became more focused on boxing things in to specific styles and store brands it became less interesting. I'd much rather learn something or watch the girls learn/do something.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby Amped » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:57 pm

on yesterday's episode Pussuma, Yusuke Santamaria mentions he loves Hello! Project. He also reveals that his guest Miura Takahiro (the son of actor Tomokazu Miura and former idol Yamaguchi Momoe), is a fan of Morning Musume. '17 and his favorite is Oda Sakura.

@ 14:04
https://youtu.be/ft3FIHhhmjA?t=14m4s
Amped
Priest

Postby otaku_blue » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:26 pm

@Nayok
Yeah I know it's not their first time performing on the show. I actually like their music but like when are they going to release it? They really need to be promoting them better.

I think I liked TGL best when they had original outfits, concepts and when the outfits just looked nice. It was nice to get performances of older songs and even shuffle performances. But the way it is currently, where they have a segment to subtly request Upfront Acts on the shows to perform is just so lame. I mean they have to do what they gotta do, but it's still disappointing.
otaku_blue
Devoted Devotee

Postby Amped » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:41 pm

Announced today at Kobushi Factory's Live Tour Spring 2017 〜PROGRESSIVE~, a new single will be released c in June.
Amped
Priest

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:27 am

Amped wrote:on yesterday's episode Pussuma, Yusuke Santamaria mentions he loves Hello! Project. He also reveals that his guest Miura Takahiro (the son of actor Tomokazu Miura and former idol Yamaguchi Momoe), is a fan of Morning Musume. '17 and his favorite is Oda Sakura.

@ 14:04
https://youtu.be/ft3FIHhhmjA?t=14m4s

Alternative link, just the relevant bit…

Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Celedam » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:49 am

My pointless musing of the day: although she seems older and more mature, Kaede is the same age as Miki and MaaDuu. And NewReina is the same age as Maria. Akane is still the baby of the group, even at 15 years old.

Of course, this all means the average age of MM is unusually high right now.
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Miki is somehow less odd, but my brain definitely has trouble thinking of Kaede, Masaki, and Haruka all being the same age. :lol:
---- ---- ----- ----

I've been wondering for a while on the Idol Matsuri competition and if Tsubaki will end up being one of the official supporters this year, following up on ANGERME and Kobushi. If not them (assuming an H!P group is present at all), I'd like to see Country Girls get a shot at it.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Postby resop2 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:02 am

I wonder if Yaguchi Mari would ever as a joke say that she was in "Morning Musume.'145"?
resop2
Skeptic

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project