Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Morning Musume。'14, Berryz Kobo, ℃-ute, S/mileage, Juice=Juice, Hello!Project, TNX, and more

Moderator: Moh

Re: Random Thread ~The Duck Saga Pt. 17~

Postby erilaz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:25 am

No ducks in my neighborhood, though one day when I came home from work early, there were several turkeys walking down my street. Actual turkeys, not the jive ass kind, though we have those around here, too.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby Denki » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 am

Same for me. Unless I go a park, I don't see ducks waking around in the middle of the day. However, turkeys are so common. The other day, my mom was driving to walmart when one lane completey stopped. She moves to the next lane to pass them, only to see two turkeys crossing the road taking their sweet time. XD

I was in the Walnut Creek area when I saw those ducks. Lol
モーニング娘。'16 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ カントリー・ガールズ ☆ つばきファクトリー
☆ 生田衣梨奈・羽賀朱音 ・横山玲奈・牧野真莉愛 ☆ 佐々木莉佳子・笠原桃奈 ☆
☆ 梁川奈々美 ☆ 和田桜子 ☆ 新沼希空・小野田紗栞 ☆ 山崎夢羽 ☆
Denki
Devotee

Favorite Idol: えりぽん

Postby rikkikow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:58 am

Oh well. :cry: I set my hopes too high. My clout sucks. :glare:
http://www.j-pop.com/2017/fort-mason-center/
Who are we?
rikkikow
Minion

Postby boinsie » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Well, at least if Juice=Juice plays JPOP Summit this year, I'll already know how to get there!
boinsie
Guru

Postby erilaz » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:23 pm

My friends and I were trying to weasel some info about the musical guests from Mika (one of J-Pop Summit's organizers) at Japan Nite, but to no avail. XD
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Postby resop2 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:21 am

As a distraction from my sciatica (which is 100 times worse than usual because of the post nasal drip), I have been trying to reformat a fan fic I wrote around 2004 which tried to image where Yu Yu Hakushou would have gone from it's premise without all of the Dragon Ball Z writers staging one fight tournament after another after the first five episodes. Since at the time I was trying to do trendy trash I think the story has held up well.
resop2
Skeptic

Postby Celedam » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:43 am

Can someone who uses Twitter a lot help me to understand something?

I have a Twitter account for "Celedam" but I almost never use it. I created it mostly just to capture the name. However, while going through it, I found a handful of notifications from 2010–2012 that were apparently generated automatically by replies to my YouTube comments. The format seems to be "@Celedam <first line of reply> <shortened link to YouTube video>". I don't think I ever associated my YouTube account with my Twitter account, and I received only a few such notifications even though I've posted many, many comments on YouTube and received many, many replies there. Was this a short-lived feature of either Twitter or YouTube that I simply never noticed before? If so, how would it be configured?
Celedam
Devoted Devotee

Postby Moh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 am

PEG-3350 is not tasty. :) If you've ever had something metallic tasting, imagine that mixed with lemon flavored water!
Moh
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:27 am

Did they give you any flavoring, or do you have to drink the whole jug plain? XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Moh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:31 am

Lemon flavor packet. Still gross. XD
Moh
Prophet

Postby TotallyUncool » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am

I'm not sure that there's any flavor that could cover up that taste, particularly when you have to drink a gallon of the stuff. XD
If madness made us strong, we would all be invincible.
TotallyUncool
#Member

Location: Gaslighting myself, but then again, I would do that, wouldn't I?
Favorite Idol: Siao Fongfong '66

Postby Starra » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:52 am

Late to the duck talk, but...

There are heaps of ducks around here. Different kinds, too -- native paradise ducks and your usual mallards. The paradise ducks are always in pairs and seem to hang out in paddocks/fields, whereas the mallards are in large groups (mostly 10+) and are found next to rivers/streams and ponds. One place even has a "duck crossing" warning sign :lol:. Then again, there's also one for pukeko (local swamphens) in another area (there are many of them around too). We also have heaps of swans in all the ponds and there are a few geese as well.

We've had a wetter summer than usual this year and the last week there's been quite a bit of rain, so all the ducks are happy because there's a lot of extra water. Except that a couple of their resting spots are underwater now, so perhaps they're a bit upset by that. Then again, they're ducks, so honestly I don't know if they care.
♡中澤裕子・紺野あさ美・萩原舞・尾形春水・金澤朋子・田村芽実・梁川奈々美・加賀楓・小関舞・上国料萌・須藤茉麻・清野桃々姫・前田有紀・相川茉穂・石田亜佑美・平家みちよ・岡田ロビン翔子・ジュンジュン・RuRu♡
Starra
Prophet

Favorite Idol: Nakazawa Yuuko

Postby DSQueenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:25 am

I went to the Hello!Project shop yesterday - it was closed lol It's in a busier part of town than I realised. But the AKB48 shop is unavoidable, the minute you step out of the station it's there.

I bought Kanon's graduation single for about 1,500円 which isn't too bad.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:15 am

^ So you're in Tokyo now? I saw the new AKB48 shop when I was there two years ago, but I didn't bother to go inside. On my previous trip, when it was still in a smaller space in Harajuku, people actually needed a reservation to enter. Do you happen to know if that's still the case?
erilaz

Postby DSQueenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:33 am

You can get into the shop and the cafe no problem. They even had take out. I'm not so sure about the theatre though.

I'm going to hopefully head back that way to go to the hello project shop so I'll check then.

I'm staying not to far out in Bunkyo.
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 am

^ Is there a theater in the same building as the shop and cafe? Or are you talking about the theater in the Don Quijote building? Getting into the lobby there is no problem, but from my own experience, getting to see a show there isn't easy. I tried on three of my trips, but the best I ever got was #88 on the waiting list, back in 2009.
erilaz

Postby CaptainBerryzGiraffe » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:21 am

Celedam wrote:Can someone who uses Twitter a lot help me to understand something?

I have a Twitter account for "Celedam" but I almost never use it. I created it mostly just to capture the name. However, while going through it, I found a handful of notifications from 2010–2012 that were apparently generated automatically by replies to my YouTube comments. The format seems to be "@Celedam <first line of reply> <shortened link to YouTube video>". I don't think I ever associated my YouTube account with my Twitter account, and I received only a few such notifications even though I've posted many, many comments on YouTube and received many, many replies there. Was this a short-lived feature of either Twitter or YouTube that I simply never noticed before? If so, how would it be configured?

It's probably you didn't notice it but youtube asked you discreetly to link your accounts... There's probably an option within twitter itself somewhere, but I don't know twitter well because I don't use it- but I can say that it does the same thing on my twitter when I do go look at it.
No Berryz, No Life.
Please people, I'm a "he" not a "she".
CaptainBerryzGiraffe
Devotee

Location: A giant crocodile-shaped island next to a huge apple
Favorite Idol: Cappy, Daaishi, Duu, Maho

Postby Moh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:05 pm

I had my procedures done today. I got home around 4, but was feeling pretty "blah" until I ate. Even now I still feel a little "blah" cause I had no sleep last night. :lol:

I was knocked out during the whole deal, so I don't remember much except my nurses were really nice. They gave me a USB drive with the photos, but I don't wanna look at them. :fear:

I go for my results in two weeks.
Moh
Prophet

Postby DSQueenie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:45 pm

erilaz wrote:^ Is there a theater in the same building as the shop and cafe? Or are you talking about the theater in the Don Quijote building? Getting into the lobby there is no problem, but from my own experience, getting to see a show there isn't easy. I tried on three of my trips, but the best I ever got was #88 on the waiting list, back in 2009.

I think you're right the theatre is somewhere else. I remember that it is definitely upstairs... the Don Quijote building (or at least a DQ building was very close by. As for the AKB cafe near the station it wasn't very busy when I went but I didn't eat.

Now the Square Enix Cafe was heaving.
DSQueenie
Acolyte

Postby erilaz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:36 pm

^ Yeah, the AKB48 theater is on the 8th floor of the Don Quijote, which is on same street as the H!P shop (a few blocks south, on the other side of the street).

erilaz

PreviousNext

Return to Hello! Project