Last movie you watched

The K-bar's nerdier little brother.

Re: Last movie you watched

Postby erilaz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Last night I was farting around online, watching YouTube videos, but at 11:45 I remembered that Tommy Wiseau's The Room (2003) was starting at my neighborhood theater in 15 minutes! I saw it on DVD back in 2011, so it was a very different experience this time, with the rowdy midnight movie crowd shouting out comments and throwing plastic spoons.

I followed it up this afternoon with a matinee of The Disaster Artist (2017), which tells the story of the making of The Room, with James Franco doing an amazing portrayal of Tommy Wiseau.

"Oh hi Denny."
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby erilaz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Big Story in a Little City (Մեծ պատմություն փոքր քաղաքում) (2006) — A man in Yerevan is crushed by a falling piano, and hilarity ensues when the morgue gets his body mixed up with that of a similar-looking gangster. I saw this at a film festival ten years ago, so it was time to see it again.

Baby Bump (2015) — :blink: Say what you will about Japan, but when it comes to WTF cinema, nobody beats Eastern Europe.
"Experience in the acquisition of European languages can help you to learn Japanese about as much as it could help you to acquire the language spoken by the inhabitants of Mars." — Lafcadio Hearn
erilaz

Favorite Idol: 矢口真里

Postby DSQueenie » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:12 pm

@erilaz @zunu

On Neo Yokio. It was like an amiable failure. I get why people didn't like it but I could also see the hard work. Jaden might be famous because of nepotism but he has some talent.
I used to have a Tumblr about Idols...
DSQueenie
Minion

Postby Nayoko-Kihara » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Get Out ★★★
Entirely underwhelming, especially the reveal and the ending. The reveal was the biggest letdown. No desire to watch this again with someone else.
Nayoko-Kihara
Devotee

Previous

Return to TALK: Manga, Anime, Gaming, Sports, TV, Film